The Big Leap Experience – Gay Hendricks
Go beyond your internal limits, release outdated fears and learn a whole new set of powerful skills and habits to liberate your authentic greatness.
Have you reached a level of respectable competence – or even excellence – that gets you by in life but leaves you feeling that your highest potential is, as yet, unexpressed?
Do you often feel like you are “going through the motions” rather than waking each day passionate to engage in your life?
You don’t need to feel badly if you answered “yes” to either question: This is the condition of the vast majority of people who have succeeded in meeting the basic challenges of making a living, developing relationships and creating a life for themselves.
They live moderately satisfying lives but there’s not a lot of zest. They look forward to their vacations as the time when they will really feel alive. They accept that their relationships are a bit flat. They are outwardly successful but feel a bit hollow inside.
So often as we achieve a moderate level of success in life, we get stuck on auto-pilot. Safety, security and the tried-and-true replace the things that truly make us feel alive. We do what we’re good at – not because we love it anymore – but because it pays the bills and we get respect for it.
We begin to settle, slowly but surely, into a humdrum existence rather than a passionate, spectacular, adventurous one.
While that may be normal, is it what YOU really want?
Do you want to end your life feeling that you haven’t fulfilled your highest purpose?
Chances are, you don’t.
You know that there is something amazing within you… a special gift for the world that only you can give. There is a “soul mission” you have that only you can complete. There’s an area of pure genius in you that’s just waiting to find it’s full expression.
You know, deep in your heart, that something in you is hungry to express a bigger, bolder, brighter you… the essence of who you are.
As you live into that bolder, wiser, more vivid version of yourself, you know that you will alsoplay a bigger game (even if it’s a less conventional one). You might start a new business. You might tell your story in a book. You might start teaching… travel to Africa… get engaged in transforming your community… fall passionately in love again….
Whatever that highest, truest expression of you is, it requires you to say an unequivocal “YES!” and commit to bringing it forth.
Going Beyond Your Upper Limit
The challenge as you commit to the journey of bringing it forth, though, is that you have a lifetime of beliefs, fears and habits that have held you back – often subconsciously and in subtle ways.
Taken together, they create what Gay Hendricks calls the “Upper Limit Problem,” that virtually all of us face: Parts of us are programmed to stay safe – not shine or stand out from the crowd.
In this way, we each create our own internal glass ceiling. We limit our fullest expression for fear of the consequences. We hold ourselves back because of a core set of beliefs that we will fail, we will be alone, or success will be burdensome.
And this paralyzes us from making the “big leap” into our greatness and our genius.
However, this doesn’t have to be the case… you CAN reprogram yourself, let go of the old fears and shift the focus of your creativity and your drive to what you are uniquely gifted at.
You can stop frittering away your time on areas where you don’t excel or things that you’re not passionate about, and focus more of your attention on what truly brings you alive.
You can, in short, live more and more from your genius and your soul.
The wonderful part is that when you dare to make the leap from your comfort zone into the unknown realm of genius, the universe conspires to help you.
That’s because what the world most wants and needs from you is that which is uniquely yours to give – something that literally no one else on the planet can deliver.
Your “Zone of Genius” is where the magic happens – where you become so excited by your mission you can’t wait to get out of bed. It’s when you create a career or business that is uniquely expressing your true gifts.
People who live from this place live longer, healthier, happier lives because they have more passion for what they do. They are creative, energized and more magnetic.
So, be honest with yourself, where are you not yet living in your Zone of Genius?
And not just what career you are in, but what are you doing with the hours of each day? How many of those hours are an expression of what is highest, best, most creative and most energizing for you to do?
Gay estimates that the real fulfillment in life comes when we spend 70% of our time living in our Zone of Genius.
If you’re like 99% of humanity, you are not spending nearly enough time in your Zone of Genius to feel truly happy and fulfilled.
But that CAN change and you can live the life you dream is possible.
Learning from a Master Guide
In The Big Leap Experience, New York Times bestselling author Gay Hendricks will help you reprogram yourself to make the shift into living more and more of your life from your Zone of Genius.
Gay’s book, The Big Leap, has been a bestseller for five years and sales have been steadily growing by word of mouth. It was launched right after the beginning of the “Great Recession,” and it has helped hundreds of thousands of people go beyond a culture of fear and safety and live out their true passions.
The results are remarkable on every level – from amazing careers to passionate marriages to vibrant good health.
Gay is a shining example of the benefits of what he teaches. He’s prolifically creative, wildly successful as an entrepreneur, a renowned teacher, and a devoted husband. At age 70, he lives more life in a day than even an exuberant 20-year-old.
He’s writing books, teaching courses, playing golf, launching companies and having a delicious time with his wife.
And now he’s eager to share his secrets to living a passionately engaged and wildly successful life.
For the first time ever, Gay has taken the core teachings from The Big Leap and designed a 7-module online experiential journey that will help you put the principles and practices in motion in your life, all with a community of support.
You’ll have the chance to dialogue live with him about your most pressing concerns and your most limiting patterns.
You’ll have a step-by-step roadmap that you can immediately apply to shifting your fears and opening to living your most outrageously authentic (and wildly successful) life by focusing on what you and only you can do best.
Profound shifts in your internal set points do not generally happen overnight, which is why a 7-module journey together is so helpful.
As you understand the key fears and issues that hold you back – as well as how to address them in an effective and grounded way – you will also build daily and weekly practices that put you on a new exciting path.
Gay will show you how to transform the primary fears for anyone who stands at the precipice of genius but is afraid to take the leap.
He will also give you daily practices that help you stay focused, clear the mental clutter and deflect the negative conditioning that others often give you when you start to shine.
How You Will Benefit
If you choose to join Gay for this 7-module experiential journey, you’ll:
- Discover the particular upper limit issues that you have and implement practices to transform them.
- Identify your Zone of Genius in a specific and actionable way.
- See the specific ways that you sabotage yourself when things are going well.
- Come to understand how and why you have a fear of outshining
- Learn how to work with the fear that if you enter your Zone of Genius, you’ll be disloyal and abandon important people in your life.
- Surface and transform the belief there is something fundamentally wrong about you.
- Transform your barriers to abundance and wealth.
- Implement work habits that allow you to minimize distractions and focus more and more of your time on your Zone of Genius.
- Learn how to work in a state of effortlessness – living more in flow, with time going by in a flash.
- Master time rather than be driven by it: Have time become your best friend rather than your enemy.
- Do more of what you most love to do, recognizing that you don’t have to do a lot of it to produce huge results.
- Reboot your energy and vitality by connecting with your core
- Improve your relationships by eliminating unproductive arguing and removing the Upper Limit Problems that lead to fights.
- Identify your Zone of Genius in a partnership, and learn how to create more magic together.
In short, you’ll receive a lifetime of wisdom from a master teacher who has helped hundreds of thousands globally to have breakthroughs into living the life they were truly meant to live.
If you want to live a life that is truly fulfilling and expresses your core gifts, this is the program for you.
What You’ll Discover in These 7 Modules
In this 7-module transformational training, Gay will guide you through the fundamental skills and competencies that you’ll need to raise your upper limit and occupy your Zone of Genius.
Each training session will build harmoniously upon the next, so that you’ll develop a complete, holistic understanding of the practices, tools and principles you’ll need to move beyond your Zone of Excellence and be in your Zone of Genius.
Module 1: How To Transcend Your Upper Limits
Preparing for Your Big Leap into the Zone of Genius
Gay introduces you to the keys for tapping into your own great potential and guides you through several meditations that help you discover the previously unseen barriers to fulfillment in relationships, creativity and abundance. These discoveries prepare you for your Big Leap Experience.
- A unique, new set of consciousness tools to move beyond your upper limits
- Powerful ways to tap into your ability to manifest what you most want and need in relationships and creative expression
- Guidance for charting your map to your Zone of Genius, so you can take actionable steps to live more consistently from this space
- How to overcome obstacles that prevent you from living in increasing waves of creativity and contribution
Module 2: Dissolving the 4 Fears That Keep You Trapped Below Your Zone of Genius
This session gives you a deep understanding of what keeps “Upper Limit Problems” frozen in place. Specifically, 4 hidden fears are usually implicated in triggering the self-sabotage mechanisms of Upper Limit Problems. In this session, you’ll learn a gentle process for exploring and dismantling any of the 4 fears that appear to be limiting the expression of your genius (and account for more than 90% of Upper Limit Problems).
- Techniques for overcoming the fear of outshining others
- Ways to move beyond your fear of being a burden to others
- How to transform your fear of leaving loved ones behind if you expand into your full potential
- How to conquer your fear that something is fundamentally wrong or unloveable about you
Module 3: Your Zone of Genius
Mapping the Territory
As you transcend the 4 fears that have been keeping you operating beneath your Zone of Genius, you begin a journey to your ultimate destination: the ability to live your whole life within your Zone of Genius. In this session, you’ll get a map for the new territory. First, you’ll discover how you are squandering energy in your Zones of Incompetence and Competence. Successful people are able to reduce dramatically the amount of time they spend in the Zones of Competence and Incompetence. You’ll also see how successful people relentlessly focus on the Zone of Genius to produce extraordinary results.
- How to raise your upper limit to enter into your Zone of Genius and return to it more effortlessly
- Strategies to move out of your Zones of Incompetence and Competence through delegation and asking for support
- Powerful ways to transform your hidden fears to increase abundance and wealth
- Effective methods for increasing the amount of time you work and live in your Zone of Genius
Module 4: Living in Your Zone of Genius
Mastering the 3 P’s
This session shines a light on a particularly troublesome area of life – one that saps the energy of many creative people. Most of us have one or more of these crystallized patterns that keep recurring, often in spite of our best efforts to eliminate them. A pattern of repeated conflict or self-criticism, for example, can consume the very energy needed to fuel our creative projects. In this module, you’ll experience a new way to clear up your own self-limiting patterns by exploring the 3 P’s: Punishment, Prevention and Protection as well as self-sabotaging symptoms that are usually motivated by deep, unconscious needs.
- A life-changing process for awakening from long-held patterns (such as overeating under stress)
- How to eliminate the tendency to sabotage success and move beyond the 3 P’s
- Effective ways to diminish the inner critic and invite positive energy and creativity into your work and relationships
- Potent daily practices to increase time in your Zone of Genius every day
Module 5: Mastering Time
Making the Shift from Newtonian to Einstein Time
The most successful people you’ve probably ever met are likely masters of time. Time doesn’t run them, they run time. By shifting from an outmoded paradigm of time and by implementing a few simple “time-tricks” that allow your creative output to soar, in this session, you’ll learn to take charge of an area of life that devours the energy of many creative people.
- How to structure your day and week to optimize your creative output
- Effective ways to deal with interruptions, distractions and difficult interactions in a time-efficient manner
- Powerful techniques for working in a state of effortlessness and flow to fulfill your life work with passion and renewable energy
- How to soar into the open spaces of your Zone of Genius – the critical place where time moves at exactly the pace we need
Module 6: Taking Big Leaps in
Nowhere is the Upper Limit Problem more observable than in our close relationships. Whether at home or at work, the quality of your relationships is determined by your ability to spot your Upper Limit Problems and move through them gracefully. Gay shares personal stories of upper limits in his 35-year marriage to his wife, Dr. Kathlyn Hendricks, as well as specific tips and techniques for navigating through upper limits on your journey of love.
- How to identify and work with the specific fears that appear in close relationships
- Ways to spot Upper Limits Problems before they become full-blown and snowball out of control
- What to do when you find yourself in the midst of Upper Limit Problems in relationship
- How to work in partnership to overcome personal upper limits and live together in the Zone of Genius
Module 7: The Big Leap in Action
This session focuses on the real-world challenges that people typically encounter as they begin to take their big leaps into the Zone of Genius. Fear, doubt and communication glitches with key people at home and at work can sometimes occur as you take larger strides in your creative expression. You’ll learn about a new concept called “The Genius Spiral,” a tool you can use to make your expansion easy and gentle.
- Strategies for effectively communicating about your transformation with those around you
- How to harness the increased energy and vitality that develops as you spend more time in your Zone of Genius
- How to organize and prioritize your activities, using The Genius Spiral, so that your creativity flourishes on a daily basis
- The Big Leap Daily Practice, a way of centering yourself and priming your creative mind
The Big Leap Experience – Gay Hendricks
Readmore About : Gay Hendricks
- 1 The Big Leap Experience – Gay Hendricks
- 1.0.1 Go beyond your internal limits, release outdated fears and learn a whole new set of powerful skills and habits to liberate your authentic greatness.
- 1.0.2 Going Beyond Your Upper Limit
- 1.0.3 Learning from a Master Guide
- 1.0.4 How You Will Benefit
- 1.0.5 What You’ll Discover in These 7 Modules
- 1.0.6 Module 1: How To Transcend Your Upper Limits
- 1.0.7 Preparing for Your Big Leap into the Zone of Genius
- 1.0.8 Module 2: Dissolving the 4 Fears That Keep You Trapped Below Your Zone of Genius
- 1.0.9 Module 3: Your Zone of Genius
- 1.0.10 Mapping the Territory
- 1.0.11 Module 4: Living in Your Zone of Genius
- 1.0.12 Mastering the 3 P’s
- 1.0.13 Module 5: Mastering Time
- 1.0.14 Making the Shift from Newtonian to Einstein Time
- 1.0.15 Module 6: Taking Big Leaps in
- 1.0.16 Your Relationships
- 1.0.17 Module 7: The Big Leap in Action